Blanchard & Calhoun - Overview
Three years after Augusta’s great fire of 1916 destroyed 25 blocks of the city, George Blanchard and Francis Calhoun began a real estate company with a residential and commercial brokerage, property management, and Blanchard and Calhoun insurance business. In 1958, Thomas M. Blanchard, Sr., was elected President of Blanchard and Calhoun and shortly after the company was reorganized into two companies: Blanchard and Calhoun Real Estate Company, and Blanchard and Calhoun Mortgage.
In 1972, the Blanchard and Calhoun Mortgage Company was sold to NCNB. Realizing the importance of having a mortgage company compliment the services of the real estate and insurance companies, Blanchard and Calhoun Real Estate Company decided to form Augusta Mortgage Company.
Over the next century, the Blanchard & Calhoun Family of Businesses would help countless people buy, sell, insure and finance their homes and businesses, transforming our community into what it is today. Our customer-first dedication to service, born over 100 years ago, remains the cornerstone of Blanchard & Calhoun’s success.
100 years is a long time to be in business. It’s generations working toward the same goals, watching the growth of people, places, technology and thought. What we realized as we reflected on our 100 years of service is how much our success and the success of our community are intertwined.
The Blanchard and Calhoun family of businesses continues to pride itself on our efforts of being a cornerstone in the development of the Augusta and surrounding areas for over 100 years. In addition to providing neighborhoods, developments, homes, and more, our organization actively gives back to our community each year. We are truly committed to our community, its history, and its future. #WeLiveHereWeGiveHere