Chilly days of the holiday season calls for coffee shops and pastries; of course, most of us enjoy a cup of joe anytime of the year. But, there is just something special about visiting an inviting coffee shop during the holiday season. Cafes that are filled with latte art, calming tunes, and good company simply warms the heart. Thankfully for us coffee lovers, these types of cafes are all over the CSRA, giving us plenty of options to feel cozy, meet new neighbors, and support local businesses. And while we genuinely think every coffee shop in Augusta is great, here are eight locally owned cafes coffee lovers recommend where you can grab a cup of cozy and enjoy a freshly baked good.
1. Buona Cafe: Craft coffee & espresso drinks are offered along with pastries & free Wi-Fi in a bright, home-y spot.
2. Metro Coffee House: Metro A Coffeehouse & Pub (aka “Metro”) is a rustic, personality-filled landmark that serves coffee all day and drinks by night in Downtown Augusta, Georgia.
3. Bodega Ultima: Bodega Ultima is a place where familiar faces are as much a fixture as the busy espresso machine. You can get a coffee on the way to work or you can stay all day, enjoying the relaxed atmosphere indoors or outside on our spacious patio.
4. New Moon Cafe: This upbeat artistic cafe offers freshly roasted coffee beans, homemade pastries, smoothies, and an awesome breakfast menu. Bonus: New Moon Cafe is pet-friendly; enjoy a specialty coffee on the patio with your favorite furry friend.
5. Inner-Bean Cafe: Modest coffeehouse offering java drinks, teas, simple sandwiches & sweets, plus breakfast items served in a cozy yet productive atmosphere.
6. Ubora Coffee: Active Duty/Veteran owned and operated Ubora Coffee is a premier coffee shop & roaster. And, you can ship products to your troops right from their website!
7. Rooted Coffeehouse: Rooted Coffeehouse serves baked goods, fresh brewed and specialty coffees, as well as a vast variety of deliciously handmade breakfast and lunch sandwiches. Their mission is to cultivate authentic relationships through the art of coffee.
8. Bees Knees: This family owned business offers java drinks and are known for their freshly baked and absolutely delicious pastries. Ask any local where to get a good cup of coffee and a slice of mouth-watering cake- they will send you straight to the Bees Knees!
Do you have a must-try cozy coffeehouse recommendation for this Holiday Season? We’d love to hear about it in the comments below!